Welcome to The Busy Bride community
Getting to know EKP Studios
Caring, Professional, Honest
What inspired you to become a wedding photographer and videographer?
I love capturing the beautiful things I see.
Can you tell us about the most memorable wedding you have captured?
A beautiful 15-hour day at Spicers Tamarind Retreat in Maleny. The day started with matching PJs, a whole proceeding of breakfast and then gifts.
We then did a “first look” at Gardner Falls. After the ceremony, we headed to One Tree Hill for a portrait session, before going back to Spicers for a gorgeous reception and a sparkler send off.
What is your favourite photo of all time?
A landscape I captured in New Zealand’s South Island. The clouds were lifting from the valley below and the snow-capped mountains above.
What trends are you seeing right now in your segment of the wedding industry?
I’m seeing more intimate ceremonies and a greater emphasis on photography and videography. Live streaming is super important, and the editing styles are more boho but still natural and bright, which is a great winner too.
Edwina’s advice for making the most of your photography and videography…
- Book 12-18 months in advance
- Late afternoon/ sunset is the best time of day to capture amazing shots
- When booking someone to capture your special day, make sure you are comfortable with them as they will be with you all day.
- Don’t book someone based on price alone – make sure you love their work too!
- When your photographer/ videographer sends out a questionnaire for you to complete, make sure you answer everything in-depth.
- Sending through samples of images you love can help us get the feel for what you are hoping to achieve
Thank you for sharing your beautiful images and helpful hints with us, Edwina!
If you have any questions about EKP Studios, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.