Welcome to The Busy Bride community
Getting to know Lauren Bridge Celebrant
Romantic, Fun, Interactive
What inspired you to become a celebrant?
To offer my couples the whole wedding planning experience through their celebrant and to show them that ceremonies can be fun and one of the best parts of their wedding day!
What is your favourite moment during a couple’s ceremony and why?
My favourite moment is when I surprise them with what they said about each other in their individual questionnaires. When I do, I love watching them laugh and then go ‘awwww’.
What wedding moment has given you the biggest ‘feels’ so far?
This is hard – I have a couple of moments…
- Watching couples surprise each other is special because they know the other person will love it.
- Also, marrying someone who was terminally ill while in palliative care really proved that love has no limits really and it comes in all different stages of life.
- I love kids being involved in ceremonies too – that’s the mum in me!
What trends are you seeing right now in your segment of the wedding industry?
Couples are wanting more involvement in their ceremony, more fun, and more interactive elements that bring energy to their day.
Lauren’s advice for a memorable and meaningful ceremony includes…
- On choosing a celebrant: Go off their vibe and not their price.
Make sure you ask and understand what their planning process is. This will show you the level of involvement you’ll have in your ceremony.
- On writing vows: Start taking notes early. As you find little things you love about your partner, write them down in the notepad section of your phone. Then, when it comes time to write your vows, it won’t seem so overwhelming.
As a celebrant I offer vow writing guidance and I’m your middle-woman! That’s something to check when picking your celebrant.
- On choosing music: Honestly, I’m a big advocate for a live musician. Sometimes I see couples get a musician for their whole day EXCEPT the ceremony! A live musician’s style will go by the bridal entrance song choice and make sure it all flows, so this will alleviate the stress if the couple choose not to have a rehearsal.
- On making sure the day runs smoothly: Have a drink and chill out! We’ve done the hard work in our planning session so it’s really time to live in the moment and let the professionals handle the rest, so you get to enjoy the day!
It’s a pleasure welcoming Lauren to our vendor community!
If you have any questions about Lauren Bridge Celebrant, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.