Welcome to The Busy Bride community
Nuptials by Nuala
Getting to know Nuptials by Nuala
Professional, Reliable, Caring
What inspired you to become a celebrant?
Friends kept on asking me to marry them! They couldn’t find anyone they could relate to, so I decided to do the course. I’m a big advocate of love, having been happily married now for 14 years, with 4 kids! I believe in what I preach.
What is your favourite moment during a couple’s ceremony and why?
My favourite moment is when the groom is standing up the front with me waiting for his bride. Men can have so many walls up, but I find that, at this moment, they are real and authentic. They are nervous with anticipation – it’s raw and very humbling. You can visibly see the relief on their faces when their bride starts walking down the aisle. The moment that the bride sees the look in her/his groom’s face is priceless – I wish I could bottle it!
What wedding moment has given you the biggest “feels” so far?
Marrying a terminally ill woman and her fiancé, knowing that she did not have long left. Being able to be open and invest in the ceremony was such an honour.
What trends are you seeing right now in your segment of the wedding industry?
Mid-week weddings! This year, there are a lot of mid-week ceremonies and shorter planning times.
What is your favourite love quote, poem or song and why?
- Check what sound system the celebrant has and make sure they are able to use it. I have a BOSE S1 and encourage my couples to use it.
- If the budget allows, there really is nothing like live music for the ceremony. Whether it be strings or acoustic, it’s all great.
- It’s understandable that couples feel overwhelmed when writing their vows. I have designed a ceremony guide with dozens of suggestions for their vows.
- I ask each of them to email me (separately) their vows and I make sure both sides are similar in length and in tone.
- Spend time thinking about what you like and don’t like when it comes to the ceremony.
- Be honest with your celebrant and work with them to make sure your ceremony is just as you want it to be.
- Choose someone with experience and who you can be comfortable with. They should feel like a friend, someone who is open and understanding.
- Remember – people charge based on their experience and knowledge, so you get what you pay for.
Nuala’s love for LOVE and marriage brings a smile to my face. I hope it does for you too!
If you have any questions about Nuptials by Nuala, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.