Welcome to The Busy Bride community
Rita’s Makeup Artistry
Getting to know Rita’s Makeup Artistry
Passion, Flawless, Positive
What do you love most about being involved in the wedding industry?
Weddings are my passion. I love helping my brides feel amazing on their special day, enhancing their beauty and giving them that flawless, timeless look. It’s something for her to remember when she looks back at her photos.
What is your favourite moment in a couple’s wedding day preparation and why?
Hair and make-up preparation is the best part of the day for me. It gives me so much happiness to make a bride feel amazing. That moment when she first looks at herself with her hair and make-up done is my favourite moment.
What advice can you give couples when choosing someone to pamper or style them on their special day?
- Always look at the hair stylists’/ make-up artists’ photos to get a feel of what style they offer
- Always get a trial. Not only can you see if you like their style, but also their personality. Wear a similar colour outfit to the one you’ll be wearing on your wedding day to the trial to see how it all comes together. Don’t be afraid to ask your stylist to change anything about your hair or make-up if you don’t feel comfortable.
What preparation is necessary for the bride to do in the lead-up to her wedding day?
- She needs to prepare her skin at least one month in advance by having a facial and using high quality skin care products.
- If she is looking to change her hair style, length or colour, this needs to be done at least two months in advance to make sure it all matches.
- Communication is key to any successful event.
Rita’s tips for making sure your make-up stays intact for the whole day includes…
- Keep extra tissues and cotton buds in your bag
- Use powder for touch-ups, patting gently to set the make-up
Rita’s friendly, yet professional nature is widely touted by her brides. We don’t doubt that she’d be an amazing addition to your special day!
If you have any questions about Rita’s Makeup Artistry, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.