Welcome to The Busy Bride community
Anais Campbell, Musician
|Musician/ Singer/ Live Music/ Acoustic
|4 – 9 years
|Cairns, Port Douglas and the Whitsundays, QLD
|Rating on Google
|Not yet rated
|Rating on Facebook
|Not yet rated
Getting to know Anais Campbell
Memorable, Natural, Wow
What do you love most about being involved in a couple’s special day?
The love, excitement and gratitude you feel and see others experience during a wedding ceremony and reception. I especially love playing the music for the aisle walking song and first dance – the emotion is raw and amazing to be a part of as a vendor.
Can you tell us a little bit about your favourite day on the job?
All weddings are amazing and unique! However, I recently played at a wedding reception with only 10 guests. It was upbeat, fun and silly! There were lots of little quirks throughout the night, which was great. I played live music under palm trees, looking out to the ocean – it was beautiful.
How would you describe your ‘style’ to couples?
I pride myself on being authentic, natural and upbeat in my approach. I focus on reading the guests, venue style and overall vibe to create the ideal atmosphere for a memorable wedding. Music plays such a strong role in the tone of a wedding when serviced well – this is my ultimate goal. I focus on communication and preparation before the special day and work with the couple strongly to create their dream wedding.
Tips on choosing your wedding day entertainment from Anais…
- Definitely think about the style and overall tone you are chasing for your wedding day.
- Different musicians service different songs styles, venues, instruments etc. Ask questions of the musicians to ensure they can produce the service you want.
- I also recommend choosing a vendor who is great with communication, as things will change and update throughout the wedding planning process. Be sure that the musician will get back to you quickly when this happens.
- Offer a run sheet for the wedding, give set up instructions and give your song choices plenty of thought so the musician has a lot of time to prep them.
- In terms of trends I’m seeing right now, acoustic and modern covers of classic love songs such as “Can’t help falling in love with you” by Elvis and “At Last” by Etta James!
What’s your favourite love song and why?
At the moment it is “Marry Me” by Train.
The lyrics and melody are stunning; it’s a tearjerker for sure! The song paints a picture of forever never being long enough with your person. I find it beautiful.
We’re in absolute awe over Anais’ soothing voice and believe she’d be the perfect entertainer to create that romantic vibe for your wedding day.
If you have any questions for Anais Campbell, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.