Welcome to The Busy Bride community
I Do For You
|Tarnya (Tarn) Bennett
|10 – 15 years
|Northern Rivers and Tweed, NSW
Gold Coast and Scenic Rim, QLD
Travel available Australia-wide
|Rating on Google
|Rating on Facebook
Getting to know I Do For You
Professional, Dedicated, Enigmatic
What inspired you to become a celebrant?
When I got married 25 years ago our celebrant was BRILLIANT – engaging, kind, funny and professional. She took all the worry and stress away and made it absolutely perfect. So many friends and family commented on how great she was; she made everyone there feel like they mattered.
Years rolled on and after going to many friends’ weddings where I was feeling nothing, I thought, “That’s it! I’m going to become a celebrant and make everyone feel what I felt on my own wedding day”. 15 years on, I’m still simply in love with what I DO!
What is your favourite moment during a couple’s ceremony and why?
When the couple see each other for the first time and the vows. I just love both of these moments because they are full of raw, pure, beautiful emotion, usually happy tears and an exuberance of LOVE. That’s intoxicating!
What wedding moment has given you the biggest “feels” so far?
Oh my gosh, there are soooooo many… I couldn’t possible pick just one!
But what I’m a stickler for is making sure each and every wedding has its own feel and dynamic to suit the couple. Carbon-copy weddings are not my style.
Tarn’s advice on everything from choosing your celebrant to writing your vows is…
- It’s vitally important that you connect with the person who is going to officiate your special day. Make sure you are all on the same page! Creating your ceremony is not about me, it’s about the two of you, but you need to feel safe and comfortable with me knowing that I have your back and am there for you from the get-go.
- I think that as long as we keep the lines of communication open, then I’m confident to say that things will run smoothly.
- I send through a couples questionnaire and ask lots of questions along the way, so as long as I get all the information back by the time I need it, we are good to go. There’s a timeline I follow without overwhelming my couples, and I’m in constant contact of what I need from them and when – from start to finish – so that helps ensure that the day runs as seamlessly as possible.
- I’m more than happy to play the music for my couples through my PA. Personally, I don’t want any family member or friend having that pressure put on them. They are there to enjoy the day.
- My suggestion is a little pre-music to get everyone in the ‘love zone’ (softer music), followed by a ‘hit them in the heart’ song for walking down the aisle that’s normally a song that means a lot to the couple. With regards to other music, you need 1 or 2 songs for signing documents, a more upbeat song for exiting back up the aisle, and then a couple more upbeat tunes to add to the post-ceremony ambience.
- There’s no need for couples to feel overwhelmed when writing their vows, because I’m here to guide them every step of the way!
- I always say give good old Google a go and type in “modern vows” to get an idea of what you want to say, and then we workshop it from there.
- I also send couples a list of vows that I have so they can get more of an idea of what suits them.
- In saying that, some couples are simply too shy to do personal vows, so they are happy to repeat after me. In this case, I get a good idea of what will suit them as I really do get to know my couples and their dynamic individually and as a couple, and then choose something accordingly.
What is your favourite love quote, poem or song and why?
“Marriage for life” by Melanie James. This one says it all!
Marriage is a commitment for life
And in many ways is a commitment to life
It offers opportunities for sharing and knowing one another
That no other relationship can equal
As we travel through this life
Another person chooses to walk our path
The path may not always be easily travelled
But as two instead of one
The load is shared… And one can light the way for the other.
It’s been such a pleasure getting to know Tarnya and learning more about I Do For You’s celebrant services. Thanks for joining our vendor community!
If you have any questions about I Do For You, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.