Welcome to The Busy Bride community
Abbey Boutique Hotel
|Style of venue
|Country setting with various spaces
|Rating on Google
|Rating on Facebook
|Ceremony and Reception. On-site wedding coordinator.
|Number of guests
|2 to 100
|$98 per person for reception. Packages and inclusions vary.
|Level of privacy
|Exclusive - no outside access allowed
|At the venue - by appointment only.
|Limited areas of the venue are easily accessible
Getting to know Abbey Boutique Hotel
Unique, All-in-One, Exclusive
What makes the venue unique?
Abbey Boutique Hotel is a unique fairy-tale venue, set in a heritage Victorian gothic-style castle. Couples can choose to have their ceremony in the private chapel or grounds – with elopement packages for two, to grand celebrations of 100! Plus, we can custom-design packages to suit most styles and budgets.
- On-site parking
- Chapel for ceremony
- Beautiful gardens and grounds for photography
- Wet-weather option
- Coordinator support with planning and on-the-day organisation
Included in the wedding package:
- Bar / beverage service
- Overnight accommodation
Available at an additional cost:
- Photography/ videography
- Bridal suite
- Celebrant/ Minister
- Longer accommodation packages
Wedding Planning Advice
from venue owner, Sonia
What advice can you give couples when it comes to researching and choosing a wedding venue?
- It is good to have an idea of budget, approximate date or time of year you are wanting to get married, and an idea of numbers.
- Do some internet research to look for a venue that appeals to both of you. You need to both have a good feel about the venue,
- Once you start consulting friends and family about the venues you are looking at or possible dates, it can open a can of worms with everyone having their own opinion on what they think you should have. Whilst opinions from trustworthy people can help, remember this is you and your fiancé’s wedding, so have what you want.
- If either of you start to get stressed about the process, stop wedding planning for a week and then get back into it. Planning your wedding should be an enjoyable time.
- Get as much planned and booked-in as possible in the beginning so you can relax as the day approaches.
What can the couple do to help you make their wedding day run as smoothly as possible?
- In the beginning, get reliable suppliers. If someone is slow at getting back to you or hard to contact, this might be a warning sign that they are under the pump and might not be able to give you the service you deserve.
- Ensure you are happy with the timeline the venue has discussed with you.
- Have a list of all your suppliers, give this to the venue and ensure the timeline is given to every supplier.
- Confirm and communicate everything by email so you have a record of what has been arrange with the venue and supplier.
- Have a checklist to confirm everything about two weeks prior.
- On the day before and of your wedding don’t plan to do anything in regard to planning, decorating etc. You should relax, be pampered and get dressed ready to enjoy a stress-free, memorable day.
We’re so delighted to have Sonia join our community – Abbey Boutique Hotel is so special and stunning!
Images supplied by Renee Mulcahy Photography and Goya Weddings.
If you have any questions about Abbey Boutique Hotel, please reach out at the details provided or drop us a line in the comments below.